This is the best season! I love the weather, the clothes, the food, the coffee, and mostly, the festivals!
Here is a list of the upcoming festivals and events that you should check out! Guaranteed to have great music, food, and people to stare at.
78th Annual St. Elias Mediterranean Festival – 408 East 11th Street, Austin, Texas
- Friday, Oct 1 and Saturday, Oct 2 — 6 pm til midnight
- Food, Wine, Cocktails, Live Music, and Dancing
- Tickets $5.00
Oktoberfest – Fredericksburg, Texas
- October 1 @ 6pm – midnight
- October 2 @ 10 am – midnight
- October 3 @ 11 am – 6 pm
- Tickets: $6.00
- Food, music, and people running around in German outfits. AND lovely weather thanks to this awesome Texas cold front! The way I see it: you can’t go wrong with Germans, German sausage, and German beer. Cheers!
Austin Jazz Festival – Austin, Texas
- Saturday, Oct 2 @ 5 pm – 10 pm
- Tickets: FREE (the best kind of tickets)
- Location: Zilker Hillside Theatre
- Jazz music is good for the soul. Enjoy!
Kyle Fair and Music Festival – Kyle, Texas
- October 14 – 17
- FREE concerts: Jason Boland, Kyle Park, Granger Smith, and more
- FOOD AND MUSIC!
Hogeye Festival – Elgin, Texas
- Oink Oink…
- Tickets: FREE
- October 23 – 10am – 6pm
- Location: Elgin, Texas
- “BBQ COOKOFF, CAR SHOW, HANDMADE ARTS & CRAFTS, LIVE MUSIC, KIDS AREA, CONCESSIONS, CARNIVAL, TALENT SHOW, DESSERT CONTEST, DART CONTEST,PIG PUNS AND FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY !!!”
Wurstfest – New Braunfels, Texas
- October 29 – November 7
- Tickets: $8.00
- The New Braunfels version of Octoberfest. Love.
- Sausage, beer, music and Germans…enough said.
Renaissance Festival – Plantersville, Texas
- All weekends from October 9 – November 28
- Time: 9 am – dusk
- Each weekend has a theme! My person favorite is pirate weekend (of course).
- I highly recommend the turkey legs because A. they are huge. B. they are deliciously unhealthy. and C. they are huge.
So there you have it! I’m sure I left off a bunch…but these are just some of my personal favorites! Let me know if I left off any that are super important and I’ll add to the list! A lot of these are free…so they are perfect for the broke college student looking for some entertainment!