The Fall always makes me crave pecan pie, pumpkin spiced lattes, and pumpkin pie. Beca and I decided to kick off the season with a chick-flick and baking homemade pumpkin bread! We found this recipe from my favorite recipe site, All Recipes.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugar, oil and eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Slowly blend the flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. While blending the mixture add water incrementally. Pour the batter into two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 90 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
Finished! It turned out fluffy, moist, and delicious! Perfect start to the Autumn season ahead!