My last roommate, Brandi, moves out today! I am officially going to be living alone for an entire week in DC! I NEED ADULT SUPERVISION!!! I’m only 21!!!
This is exactly why my dear friend and colleague, Kelsey, is going to come babysit me for the weekend. She texted me this morning to tell me that she has her “weekend bag” packed and that it is quite large. We have an entire weekend of fun planned!
Tonight, we are going to go dancing (since we both have given up on the gym, dancing is our only current form of physical activity). Tomorrow, we are going to go to the DC United game following a “Lady’s Night Out” beforehand. It looks fun…if you are in the DC area and haven’t gotten your tickets yet, here is the website:
Apparently these tickets come with a lot of perks for women. From the website, here is everything that is included with the tickets:
- Cooking demonstration by Top Chef finalist Carla Hall
- Music provided by Hot 99.5 DJ Chris Styles
- Exclusive Ladies Night coffee mug
- Demos and Sampling by local companies including:
- Results Gym fitness class
- The P Spot Fitness Studio chair and pole dancing lessons
- Manicures by Nail Taxi & The Nail Lounge
- Stella and Dot, Lia Sophia, and Silpada jewelery
- Gold Canyon candles
- Mary Kay cosmetics
- Numerology readings by Eternal RaFlections Holistics
- Posh Booth‘s photo booth
- Pilar’s Organic Skin Care
- Washington Freedom prize wheel and giveaways
- Temptations Parties games and products
- Tastefully Simple
- Complimentary appetizers and beverages (for those 21+) and a cash bar:
Everyone attending Ladies Night will be automatically entered into a drawing for gift certificates, free products and autographed D.C. United Items! A select few grand-prize winners will win field-level passes to receive a jersey right off the back of D.C. United players Santino Quaranta, Chris Pontius or Danny Allsopp!
Anyways, I’ve never been to a soccer game before, but I have every intention of losing my voice from screaming and cheering as much as possible. Yup – I’m going to be that girl, and I am going to be proud of it.
Sunday will be my last Eastern Market adventure. I will probably cry and hug all of the owners of the booths, and hopefully I will not get arrested for looking like a psycho.
Texas in six days! I miss everyone back home – can’t wait to see my fellow TX Staters and family!