I am leaving in 16 days to go to Washington, DC for my summer internship and I have so much to do before I leave. I have an entire list of things to do and I don’t even know where to begin. Here goes.
- I have to help the girls I used to live with paint back the living room walls in my old apartment at Bishop’s Square. They are staying there for the remainder of the summer and they are wanting to paint the walls back before I leave.
- I have to buy business-casual attire before I show up at the front door of the Discovery Communications headquarters in a tank top and flip flops – probably not a good first impression.
- I have to figure out whether I am bringing my bike or not to the city – word on the street is that if I leave it outside for even just one night, locked up or not, it will be jacked by morning. However, I just bought it three days ago and I am really excited about it. The idea of leaving it in Texas for three months without me is not appealing.
- I want to spend as much time with my boyfriend as possible because I wont be seeing him for the entire summer. He is graduating in two days and I will be gone for the next three months, so it makes me sad and I will miss him very much!
- I am going home for my friend’s 21st birthday next weekend. Fran has been a good friend of mine since 5th grade and I cannot wait to celebrate with her! I will be going home that weekend, then coming back to San Marcos for a few days to pack up all of my stuff, and then driving back home to catch a flight to DC from Houston.
- I have to remember to pay all my credit cards off. My bills go to my house in The Woodlands and my family refuses to alert me when I receive mail, so I forget about my grown-up responsibilities on occasion.
- Last but not least, I have to see Sex and the City 2 when it comes out on May 27. I know, it’s quite the burden, but it has to be done before I leave on the 30th.
Wish me luck!